Community Grant Funds
The Community Grants Fund pilot was launched in September 2010 and was aimed at projects operating in the West End, at grass roots level, supporting local people. In its first year the grant supported 12 projects in our local area.
The Community Grant Fund for 2011-12 offered a large grant of up to £1000 and a small grant of up to £100. The aim of the larger grant was to support projects that promote our charitable objectives of enterprise, education and training. Whilst the smaller grant was open to any activitiy that could benefit the local community.
Projects that have been awarded a large grant in the 2011/12 round include:
- Friends of Benwell Nature Park - new signage and awareness raising
- JET - Youth employment project
- Millin Centre - Enterprise project
- Success 4 All - Learning Hubs
- Cornerstone - Welcome Project, Tall Stories
- St John’s Parents and Friends – Makaton training
- Search Project – Computer drop-in
- Hodgkin Park Users Groups – Volunteer events marshal training
- Patchwork - Apprentice training
- St James' Heritage and Environment Group - Volunteer training
- Hawar Association of Education - Gardening project
The grant is currently closed for applications. Please check the website for updates.